Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hooo Hoooo


 In search of some friendly owl clip art for a dear friend's owl themed baby shower (more on that project soon!) I stumbled across the best DIY pattern for owl ornaments. My plan quickly changed from printing a few pictures to hand stitching adorable felt owls. You can find the pattern here from Juicy Bits- A big Thanks to her for sharing!!!
These were so easy to make & modify for the baby shower decorations. My 10 month old & 6 year old loved them so much I made larger ones for them. The one for my baby boy has black felt circles instead of buttons for the eyes & my daughter's needed a felt bow, of course. Changes that I made included leaving of the ric rac "feathers" & using small glass beads instead of buttons on the eyes. So much fun & so many ways to change these to fit the receiver or occasion! Even with my super special sewing ability (lol) these came out cute & were very easy to make :)

Enjoy!

Check back soon for Guess Whooo's Having a Girl-  from hand made invitations to twig centerpieces & diaper cakes I'll try to cover it all :)

No comments: